Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whirlwind day

Rick and I both had our regular check-ups today.  Along the way we also stopped in to have lunch with my parents which I really, really had wanted to do more of this summer but was unable to due to campaigning.   But before we could do that we had to run our 5 year old cocker, Marti, to see Mac for the day because Marti has been feeling punky for the last two weeks and this morning he threw up twice.  I suspected that he was running a fever but now he added puking so off to the vet he go.  We picked up Marti at 4:30 after a bunch of blood work and the usual other samples collected from a pooch.  Mac will know more tomorrow when he gets the blood test results back.  Fingers crossed for nothing serious.  It's always something!  In the meantime I guess I have to start the job search.  Hopefully I can have something lined up before December 31st of this year. 
Mary Lynn Powell