Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Here's a brain dump for you....Lessons learned.

I always knew in my heart that politics wasn't my thing so I should have listened more to my heart than my head.   Lesson learned.
The definition of instanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  Okay God, I hear you this time and will not go there again.  I thought that since I had PROVEN what a good job I could do for Monroe County that would have helped.  Lesson learned
In Monroe County you can win public office on your last name, or in my opponent's case, her current husband's last name.  (I've been holding that one in for months!)  Lesson learned.
And I wonder if my opponent is bondable.  That was such a black eye on the county last time.  At my meetings and trainings Monroe County was known as "that county that elected someone that couldn't take the job."  Awkward.  Time will tell. 
Still, I have a LOT of people that helped me so much and wanted this for me so badly and knew I was the better choice, I owe them a debt of gratitude that I don't know how to repay.  So I really am the lucky one even though I didn't win. 
More tomorrow.
Mary Lynn Powell