Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This software has many challenges

Because of my 30 + years of computer experience, I can pretty much learn any new accounting software program.  So to show that I am a team player, I went with the Treasurer's module of the software program that the County Clerk's office already had in place.  It was not my first or even second choice and a little expensive for my taste but all the modules would work together.  Unfortunately, it does not come with a manual and there was no practicing with it before I went live.  This has meant a lot of trial and error as I learn to navigate the program.  But, I have learned a lot and it is getting better.   However, today the system made some really strange errors that the lady who wrote the software could not tell us why or give us any explanation for what happened.  It slowed us all down and this on a day that I am closing out the month of April -  the timing could not have been worse.  I did manage to get balanced by the end of the day but it was much more difficult than it had to be as this software has a LOT of shortcomings.    Thank goodness this day is over.  I worked in the yard when I got home to relieve the stress of the day.  Tomorrow will be better.  :-)
Powell for Treasurer  2012