Monday, April 30, 2012

Computer generated checks are here!

I went "live" with the new software on January 1st.  There were some bugs that had to be worked out (more on that in a later post) but everything is going smoothly now.  I wanted to wait until after the County had its mandatory, every 4 year, bank bid process in March before ordering the checks I could use with the new software.  I didn't want to be wasteful if we were going to change banks.  Just as soon as that process was complete I ordered the new checks and they came right away so I was able to start generating computerized checks instead of handwriting the checks.  The first checks I produced were for the Collector's office.  I was, and still am, so very excited.  This is a BIG step in the right direction for Monroe County.
Powell for Treasurer 2012